http://terriswan.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact.htmlhttp://terriswan.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact_4.html
 

Friday 26 June 2015

Taylor Swift 1989 Tour | The Hydro | 23/06/15


 
 
 
 
 
Tuesday night in Glasgow saw 12'000 eager and excited people cramming into the SSE Hydro for Taylor Swifts sold out performance of her 1989 tour. The merchandise stand queues where almost out the door as everyone wanted to get their hands on a souvenir of what would be an incredible night. Lots of homemade signs (even some with lights), costumes and excited fans decorated the hydro for top to bottom, everyone even got a light up wrist band that changed colour and lit up the the music. The lights went down right on time and the show began with Taylor and her dancers performing Welcome To New York and with that saw the start of a two hour spectacle. Taylor looked flawless through out, her costumes were gorgeous and she walked the runway like a Victoria's Secrets model. 'I happen to love Scottish people' Taylor told the crowd as she went on to say how her dad had sent an email telling her to tell the Scottish crowd that most of their family was Scottish. 

The setlist was mainly made up of Taylor's recent and bloody brilliant hit album 1989, with a few older favourites thrown in. I loved that when she played 'I Knew You Were Trouble' and 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' they had a rocker sound. There was a really gorgeous moment when Taylor did a mash up of Enchanted and Wildest Dreams on the piano and Clean was another stand it moment for me. The pop breakup/love ballad Blank Space had me singing and dancing along as did the last song of the night Shake It Off, in fact I was on my feet all night singing and dancing my heart out. 

Between songs, costume changes and stage resetting video clips played of some of Taylor's famous friends (Cara Delevigne, Lena Dunham and Selena Gomez to name a few) talking about her, her album, female friendship and empowerment. Taylor's chats between song were along the same lines mostly about friendships, empowerment, love and heartbreak but instead of sounding like a preacher she does it with such humour and honesty. 

Taylor brought glitz, glamour and a lot of pop to Glasgow and the crowd loved every minuet of it. I cannot explain just how fun, inspiring and utterly brilliant the night was. While the crowd screamed, cheered and clapped along at times Taylor looked genuinely overwhelmed. If your going to see the 1989 world tour your in for a treat I guarantee you'll leave a bigger fan than when you went in. It's easy to see why Taylor Swift is the hottest thing in the music industry right now and she's a great role model for young people all over the world. Props to Taylor, her amazing dancers and backing singers for putting on a pop show extravaganza! 

Ps) can I be part of your girl-gang Taylor?
  
 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fab time! I fortunately saw her at R1BW in Norwich and had such a blast. I'm sure her at her actual concert is even better!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! I've never been to R1BW but I'd love to go x

      Delete
  2. I was there too! It was such spectacular show she put on! I posted some pictures on my blog http://goo.gl/JWo5ec :)

    Dyan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an amazing night :) I'll go have a look at your photos, thanks for stopping by my blog x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...