http://terriswan.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact.htmlhttp://terriswan.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact_4.html
 

Monday 15 June 2015

My MAC Lipstick Collection


L-R Viva Glam Gaga 2, Russian Red, Taupe, Honey Love, Vegas Volt, Please Me, Rebel, Velvet Teddy.

L-R Velvet Teddy, Rebel, Please Me, Vegas Volt, Honey Love, Taupe, Russian Red, Viva Glam Gaga 2,
Today I thought I'd share with you my MAC lipstick collection, I'm a huge fan of MAC and seem to find myself drawn to the MAC counter whenever I'm in a beauty hall covering myself in swatches of all the products. Lipsticks are fun and easy way to complete your look and add some colour to your makeup collection and MAC are a brand that have every colour under the sun in a range of different finishes so your bound to find one (or several) that suits you. As you probably already know MAC lipsticks bridge the gap between high end and high street with most MAC lipsticks costing around £15.50 - not cheap but not as expensive as some high end lipsticks. What I love most about MAC lipsticks are the colour pay off


Viva Glam Gaga 2 this lipstick was part of Lady Gagas range for Viva Glam, if you're not familiar with MACs Viva Glam all the profits go to AIDs charity to help raise awareness, support and money for men, women and children with AIDs, so you're not only treating yourself but your doing a good deed. This lipstick is a glossy creamy beige nude, unfortunately I don't think they do it anymore as I couldn't find it to link it.

Russian Red is my go to red I absolutely love it, it's a strong deep, cool blue toned red. It's one of those classic reds that you instantly associate with Hollywood starlets and pin up girls, the formula is matte and it's super long lasting. Russian Red is strong and not for the faint hearted, this is probably my favourite red lipstick.
 
Rebel is a satin lipstick and is such a unique shade, it's a deep fuchsia berry shade that can be built up to create a stronger look. Rebel is bold and a little vampy that looks darker in the bullet than it does once applied, it has a semi matte finish that has a lovely sheen to it.

Taupe is a lipstick I got by mistake when the girl at the counter got mixed up and gave me this but when I opened it up and saw the colour I bloody loved it and was glad there had been a mix up. Taupe is a brick brown nude with mauve undertones that goes opaque in one swipe, I know it doesn't sound that nice but trust me it really is.

Honey Love is another matte lipstick this time in a light beige nude that has a slight pink undertone throughout, although Honey Love is matte it feels creamy when it glides onto the lips.

Vegas Volt is part of MACs amplified lipsticks it leaves a creamy finish and slight sheen to the lips once applied. The colour is a strong gorgeous pinky, coraly orange that is perfect for summer, it's best for your lips to be in tip top shape when using this lipstick.

Please Me is a muted dusty pink great for an everyday pink lipstick, I love that the pink isn't too bright and girly. Please Me is a matte lipstick.

Velvet Teddy you've probably heard all about Velvet Teddy but if you haven't let me fill you in it's the perfect nude brown made popular by Kylie Jenner. I love this lipstick and have had it for years, luckily before Kylie Jenner put it on everybody's it list so I had no problem trying to get it, Velvet Teddy is more on the pink side that Taupe and I find it to be one of MACs more drying matte lipsticks but I absolutely love the colour.

Tell me what your favourite MAC lipsticks are in the comments below? I'll know I'll add more lipsticks to my collection sometime soon so I'd love to know what colours you like.

  

4 comments:

  1. I have a MAC voucher to spend and need a new lipstick like mad! I love the look of vegas volt so much!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you having a MAC voucher. I love their lipsticks, Vegas Volt is one of my newer ones and I love it. Have fun spending your voucher, if our anything like me you'll leave MAC covers in swatches haha xx

      Delete
  2. Mine has to be Saint Germian, I love baby pink. But I also love Rebel when I want a darker colour on my lips :]

    http://confessionsofamakeupaddict93.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not seen St German I'll need to search it when I'm next in MAC x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...